words to live by

"The funny thing about introverts is once they feel comfortable with you, they can be the funniest, most enjoyable people to be around. It's like a secret they feel comfortable sharing with you. Except the secret is their personality."

"I read like the ink from the book is oxygen and I'm gasping for breath."

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Let Me Predict The Future...

I am usually pretty good at predicting the course of books, even if they take "unexpected turns." Divergent is a pretty good book so far, but I am almost positive I already know the outcome. From the moment Tris grabbed Four's hand after the jump I knew that he would be the love interest. Even though it has not officially happened yet Roth is making it more and more obvious. Four has taken a special interset in Tris from the very beginning and now Tris describes it as electricity between them. The little details between them make it a sure thing that they will find a deeper connection. Also, There is no way that Tris is not making it into dauntless. While they make it seem like she is ranking close to last there is no way the author is going to make her main character factionless. While she may not be physically strong, Tris is daring and smart. She can survive on her wit and the way she faces every comment as a challenge makes it hard not to see her inner strength. She is someone that the reader has no choice but to root for. Her weakness makes her relateable and her persistance and slightly daring personality make her a good character to build a story around. Not to mention it makes it really easy to know how everything will end up when the author already published a whole series. Obviously things have to work out in order to continue the story. I am by no means disappointed in this book, but I wish that some novels were harder to predict. I want to be really taken aback by something that happens in a book. I still have a lot more of the novel left to go, so maybe it will surprise me. I can only hope it will.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just ordered book 3 in the series-Allegiant-for the classroom. So if you like Divergent, you can keep going.

    ReplyDelete