words to live by

"The funny thing about introverts is once they feel comfortable with you, they can be the funniest, most enjoyable people to be around. It's like a secret they feel comfortable sharing with you. Except the secret is their personality."

"I read like the ink from the book is oxygen and I'm gasping for breath."

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Not So Happily Ever After...

I have finally finished the trilogy! Divergent... Insurgent...Allegiant. These books were simply perfect. I always have an attraction to novels depicting futuristic societies, where their contrasts and advancements are huge, but human nature remains the same. The element of a somewhat twisted society intrigues me and the emergence of an outlier or a character that seems to turn society back around is always what allows me to fuse connections with the book. As a reader, I tend to create deep connections to the books I read and feel each emotion with characters. At the end of Allegiant, I knew that Tris had died, but I still could not accept it. I continually expected something to happen where she would wake up and continue on to the happy ending you want and expect. These feelings align with how Tobias feels. The book leaves you with a sense of emptiness. I always expect a picture perfect ending, but sometimes its refreshing to end with a little taste of reality. Things do not always turn out perfect. Sometimes reading book after book, all with happy endings, gets too predictable and that little piece of imperfection in the "Divergent Trilogy" makes a lasting tie to the novels.

1 comment:

  1. I think it was the right ending and made it a better book. But I don't have to like it. Hope Kristen does not see this post!

    ReplyDelete