words to live by

"The funny thing about introverts is once they feel comfortable with you, they can be the funniest, most enjoyable people to be around. It's like a secret they feel comfortable sharing with you. Except the secret is their personality."

"I read like the ink from the book is oxygen and I'm gasping for breath."

Monday, May 5, 2014

Its a miracle...

While I still am unable to finish "Fault in our Stars," I also was unable to move on to a new book either. However, I just did it! I saw a book sitting on my bookshelf and decided I wanted to read it. You know what is even more amazing? I am rereading it. I read it a few years ago and I am reading it again. This is a rare occurrence for me. In fact, this may have only happened one other time. The book that had brought me back into the reading world is "North of Beautiful" by Justina Chen Headley. Its not my favorite kind of book because there is no new interesting society or action. It is set in modern times in a small town near Seattle. However, this book is the thing that brought me to my odd obsession with compasses. Their symbolism and beauty intrigue me. This book helped me see them as art. This book will be an easy read, perfect for the end of the school year. I like the characters. They are quiet, inverted and thoughtful. They are caring and throughout the book they learn how to deal with their physical imperfections and use them as a way to form connections and spread their confidence to others. Its filled with map references which is interesting to learn about. I think I can finish this book in a week or so.  

1 comment:

  1. Rereading is a great idea. And I love compasses too. I get one as a gift at least once a year. I need a new compass necklace right now.

    ReplyDelete