words to live by

"The funny thing about introverts is once they feel comfortable with you, they can be the funniest, most enjoyable people to be around. It's like a secret they feel comfortable sharing with you. Except the secret is their personality."

"I read like the ink from the book is oxygen and I'm gasping for breath."

Thursday, March 20, 2014

My Tragic Reading Funk

I have been reading The Fault in Our Stars and I cannot seem to get into it. Its is by no means a bad book, however I think I might have read it at the wrong time. I love the way John Greene writes. I also love the sophisticated voice that he gives to both Hazel and Augustus. I have a slight dilemma though. I have need to finish any book I start, even if it is really bad because I need to have closure. However, I am not sure if I will be able to finish this book. It has taken way too long and I am only a little over halfway done. Sometimes I like romance and I always love a little bit of tragedy, but I have to say I am more inclined towards books that describe a dystopian future. I loved Hunger Games, Divergent, and Never Let me Go. I think I am going to abandon The Fault in Our Stars and go for something similar to these books just to get me out of this reading funk I am in. I am getting slightly desperate for a good book; I have even resorted to Googling dystopian novels and looking on the Wikipedia pages to find them.

1 comment:

  1. i have read a lot of these: ask me if you find something that sounds good:
    https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/12408.Best_Young_Adult_Dystopian_Novels

    ReplyDelete